- Securing natural resource, wetland, dam safety, and other environmental permits
- Obtaining solid waste management and mined land reclamation permits
- Prosecuting procedural and substantive appeals before Administrative Law Judges
- Challenging administrative decision-making pursuant to Article 78
- Negotiating and litigating violations and orders on consent
Z&S focuses a client’s development team of engineers, environmental consultants and architects on preparing a strong administrative record supporting the issuance of the requested permits. Our firm has developed strong relationships with the regulatory community and permitting staff. This practice covers the entire Metropolitan and Hudson Valley regions, from Staten Island all the way north to Dutchess and Ulster Counties. The relationships formed through this representation also allow us to provide clients facing environmental violations with effective, pragmatic approaches to resolving enforcement actions. Yet, we have never hesitated to litigate such matters if necessary to defend our clients’ rights.